February 29, 2016 by administrator
Prevent. Don’t Promote.
Prevent. Don’t Promote. is a campaign sponsored by numerous organizations that support the UN international drug conventions and want to see a public health and safety based policy centered on the prevention of drug use and drug problems.
Aligned with the principles of Drug Policy Futures, we believe that drug policies should:
- Prevent initiation of drug use.
- Respect human rights (for users and non-users alike) as well as the principle of proportionality.
- Strike a balance of efforts to reduce the use of drugs and the supply of drugs.
- Protect children from drug use.
- Ensure access to medical help, treatment and recovery services.
- Provide access to controlled drugs for legitimate scientific and medical purposes.
- Ensure that medical and judicial responses are coordinated with the goal of reducing drug use and drug-related consequences.